'Blooming Congresbury' is a Parish Council initiative with the aims of;
- Improving the overall appearance of the village
- To enhance the distinctive character of the village, and
- To encourage residents to take pride in their village.
The initiative has 2 working groups which are divided into the Planting Group, looking at planting schemes and improvements and the Finance Group, securing grants, sponsorship, donations and involving and communicating with residents.
The schedule of work for the next few years includes;
Year 1 Broad Street/High Street
- Engage the local businesses and shops in the scheme to improve the appearance of Broad Street by purchasing and maintaining hanging baskets.
- Redesign and replant the Geoffrey Peacock memorial garden.
- Engage businesses to improve the appearance of the A370 by using planters and/or spring bulbs.
Year 2 the project will be expanded to other areas of the village such as the precinct and improve all entrances to the village.
Some photos of our hanging baskets.